SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By diegoagonzalez
Hello,

My name is Diego and I 'm from Cali, Colombia. I bought several Bluetooth Modem - BlueSMiRF from Spark Fun Electronics and I'm configuring the Bluetooth Modems using ATMP COMMANDS.

The problem is that I configured a Bluetooth Modem to be as Auto-Master (ATSW25,1,1,0,0) but I forgot to put the ATSMA command with the Slave Address and the UUID, when I try to access the Bluetooth Modem using the serial RX and TX I 'm not getting any answer, I try also to using the +++ command from the Blue Dongle.

Talking about power compsution when I turn on the Blueradio the Current is close to 40mA and after a few seconds (1 or 2) goes to almost 1mA or nothing.

the version is 3.5.2.1.3.0. I tried putting 3.3V on PIO4 on the start up of the Blueradio, but everything continues like it was.

I made the operation with other Bluetooth Modem as Master and I can get to comunicate to it using the serial RX and TX.

What do I need to do?.. Anyone with the Same Problem?..

Thank for your help, I will apreciate your answer

Diego Alejandro Gonzalez
University Javeriana
Cali
Colombia
By diegoagonzalez
-----***FIRST PROBLEM***-----
The situation:
I have 3 Bluesmirf and learning how to use the master and slave configuration I get to made autoconnection configuring using my BlueDongle and the BLuesoleil software:

ATDM,00A09611FBBC,1101
ATSW25,1,1,0,0
on my master, 00A09611FBBC is the Slave direction.

Both, Master and Slave are working with the factory default baud rate.
They autoconnect and the red led turn on in both and the master can transmit data to the slave, and if I use +++ I can to configure the slave settings.

The Hardware configuration is:
PC-COM1 <--> MAX232 <--> RX and TX BluesmiRF Master
PC-COM2 <--> MAX232 <--> RX and TX BluesmiRF Slave

The BIG PROBLEM (Number one) is that I want to get back My Master to Factory default settings but I can not access to it and make the ATFRST command, there is no response to any command (+++; ATUCL), The only thing I get is by my Hyperterminal COM1 is "NO ANSWER" every 40 seconds and my Blue Dongle dont detect the Master too.

I have try to get access to master connecting RX with TX, and connecting RTS with CTS of the Bluesmirf, also try to reset manually by putting a 5v voltage on PIO 4, but nothing change. The normal state of the master if there is not a slave is flashing the green light and leaving the message "NO ANSWER" every 40 seconds on my COM1.

-----***SECOND PROBLEM***-----
Configuring one Bluesmirf I made some changes that I can not remember now, the thing is that when I turn it on non of leds (green or red) flash, The current goes down to 10 mA aproximatly. Nor using my bluedongle neighter using the RX and TX of the Bluesmirf to configure get to works, there is not answer to +++ command by any way.

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME, IT´S FOR MY GRADUATION PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By pelrun
This has been answered a few times before - wedging a module in auto-master mode only affects the bluetooth side. You can still send the ATFRST over the wired UART connection. If you find you cannot do that, troubleshoot your wiring/level translator/serial speed because there's something else wrong.
By diegoagonzalez
Thanks for a soon your answer Pelrun.

You tell me that I can still send the ATFRST over the wired UART connection.

I did the following test of type +++ and 1 "enter" character a few days ago to the Master and to the SLave:

I did the test sending the commands from
PC-COM1 <--> MAX232 <--> RX and TX BluesmiRF Master.
Result: there is no answer and if I send other command like AT, there is not answer too.

I did the test sending the commands from
PC-COM1 <--> MAX232 <--> RX and TX BluesmiRF Slave.
Result: there is no answer and if I send other command like AT or ATSI,2 , I get answers like OK or the name of my
Bluesmirf.

After this I´m completly sure about that my wiring and the level translator are OK because they work to comunicate with the slave bluesmirf.

About the serial speed, Master and Slave were configured beginning with ATFRST command, leaving them at 9600 bauds. After that I put the following comands to convert one Bluesirf y auto master mode :
> ATSMA,00A09611FBBC,1101
> ATSW25,1,1,0,0
> //00A09611FBBC is the Slave direction.

When I turn on the Master and the SLave they establish a conection and I can send data in one direction, I don't remember which direction, but the case is that they are with the same serial speed. If the Slave it´s not present, the Master Replies "NO ANSWER" every 30 or 40 seconds.

What do you thing can be the problem?

I will apreciate you help.

Diego Gonzalez