SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By gwg1313
I need to setup multiple wireless temperature sensors to one receiver, any ideas on the best products to use for the wireless communication?

Thanks,
Gary
By richgood2005
I am doing a similiarish sort of project using the lapiac tRF24G trasnceivers. They are quite cheap and very easy to use.

It might be overkill using them for a couple of sensors (I'm using them to make a self learning ad hoc network of sensors) but they are not too expensive and have some nice features.

It also depends on range. In a noisy environment you can get about 10m, while in an open field up to 60m.
goodluck
By jmann
I just did this. most of my code is here:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22525

also, I used a system of broadcasting on prime number intervals of a common time interval. That way the probes would have the least likely chance of having data collisions if the clocks become synced by random shifts. the first broadcast byte was the probe number, the second and thirs was the temperature, and the fourth was a checksum.

that way, I was able to use the first byte to figure out which probe sent the temperature. It was really robust and worked rather well.

also, I was able to achieve easily 300 foot range.

contact me with questions.
-JM
By jmann
I forgot to mension that I was using the cheap Radiotronix RCR-XXX-RP and RCT-XXX-AS at 433Mhz, but any of the ASK pairs of transmitter/recievers spark fun sells should work just the same. They are all reliant on the Microcontroller's Usart to allign incoming data.