SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By asteriskPDX
yeah I'm looking for the same, I will probably create something if I can't magically find it soon.
By RonnyM
I made my own already. Do you want a copy? It's just a standard QFN20. You can go to Eagle, and download the Microchip library. They have one there, although I dodn't like it.
Ron
By slide
Yes please! :)
By RonnyM
Sorry, I grabbed the wrong one!
By slide
Any idea how I can connect the pad that sits underneath the package to my ground?
By RonnyM
I take it that you will print your own boards? On protos, I drill an oversized hole...like.060, and solder solder braid to it. You can also drill holes on the outside of the chip at the grounding pins and solder wires through there. Not pretty, but they all worked.
Ron
By slide
By print my own boards you mean like etch copper boards myself? No, i'm getting them made somewhere. I guess i could add a pin on the device that connects to that pad.
By RonnyM
slide wrote:By print my own boards you mean like etch copper boards myself? No, i'm getting them made somewhere. I guess i could add a pin on the device that connects to that pad.
What about plated thru holes? This is what the pads are meant for.
By slide
By 'add pin to the device', i mean in eagle, so I can connect the GND signal to that pad
By asteriskPDX
I noticed in the chipcon-ti.lbr there is no QFN20 only QLP20. Is there any practical difference between them? Are the footprints interchangable?
By asteriskPDX
The footprint has 21 pins. The 21st pin is the ground pad. The symbol you create would need another VSS pin to connect to ground.

I made a symbol/device and put it into a nordic library. I plan to upload to cadsoft after I double check the package footprint.