SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By kj
Hi all.

I am having a problem that is preventing the WML-C40 Bluetooth module to transfer data to my laptop.

I powered up the WML-C40 Bluetooth module and my laptop (that comes with a built in BLuetooth dongle and the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software) was able to detect it. So I added the WML-C40 to my laptop and when the installation process prompted me to enter a passkey, I did not enter one because the WML-C40 did not come with a passkey. The Bluetooth Module was installed properly, and was assigned COM ports on the computer.

However, when I tried to make the Bluetooth module communicate with my laptop, it prompted me for a passkey. Since I did not have a passkey, I promptly just clicked on the 'Next' button. However, I get an "Incorrect Parameter" error. So I was wondering if it was a Windows problem, or if
it's the WML-C40 Bluetooth module that's causing this.

Also, I was unable to enter any passkeys when I was installing the WML-C40 Bluetooth module because I will just get a "Unable to exchange passkey" error if I tried to do so.

I am using an Acer Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I am unable to use any other Bluetooth software because it is clashing with my default WIDCOMM Bluetooth software.

Please help. ><
By busonerd
try "default".

Cheers,
--David Carne
By kj
It worked, thank you very much! :)

Regards
Ki Jin