SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By radioman
I have an application where there is a need of a number of short range wireless mics. Any thoughts on interfacing codecs to RF-24G modules?
By rich
hi,

It can definitely be done with the RF24G's. They've got a a high speed mode (shockburst, up to 1mbps) so speed of transmission should'bt be a problem.

It depends how complicated you want it to be. The simplest would be having a small MCU with, say a 8 bit ADC, interfaced to the RF24G. For voice transmission you can take as little as 8000 samples a second (same as the telephone system 56K) for higher quality take more samples. And then send these samples to your receiver. Again how you do this depends on the quality of your sound. If its just voice then you could buffer up the ADC results and send maybe a couple of times a second. (You'll have to experiment to see what gives best results).

The actual physical interfacing of the tRF24G to the MCU is not a problem, there is an application note on the nordic website explaining how to do it using spi, and I posted some code on avr freaks academy a few days ago doing just this. I used an Atmel Atmega128, but it should be easily done using a PIC or motorola or whatever.

hope this helps, good luck.
Rich