SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By brennen
I just wanted to let you guys know that I've started a new website, http://www.diyembedded.com, where my main goal is working with the nRF24L01 RF chip and the LPC2148 microcontroller. I have posted two tutorials for the 24L01 so far, with the first being background info and the second having working code to get a link up and running. Check it out if you want to see some code that will get you started. More tutorials are on the way as I get time to write them.
By brennen
I wanted to tell you guys that I posted a third tutorial to the website mentioned above. This tutorial builds on previous ones and shows you how to get Enhanced Shockburst going. Check it out!

I also wanted to say that you guys are more than welcome to send me tutorial proposals by private message. If there's something you want to do a write-up on and give me working code for, I'll accept submissions for anything you want, so long as it has to do with embedded hardware and software (it doesn't have to have anything to do with wireless if you want to talk about other stuff).
By Edje
Hello Brennen,

Thanks for the tutorials. :D
I'am ussing the 24L01 with an Atmel Mega8 and Bascom-Avr.
Your tutorials guided me through the basics of the 24L01.
Very nice chip to work with, much better then al the 433mhz modules that are on the market.
I will make a little application note and send it to sparkfun, maybe the will put on the webpage.
By brennen
Hey, Edje. If you have something you'd like to put up on my site, then you're free to send me a zip file of your project. Maybe a little write-up would be good, too, so I and anyone else can understand how you set up your compiler and stuff like that. You would be my first guest tutorial! :D
By busonerd
Just as a note - we're delighted to have stuff added to wiki.sparkfun.com - re tutorials / etc.

Cheers,

--David Carne
By brennen
I figured I'd let you guys know that Tutorials 1-3 for the nRF24L01 have been ported over to the PIC architecture (I use the PIC18F452 in my tuts) using Microchip's C18 compiler. I also have posted the tutorial written by Edje, which describes getting a link working with the BASCOM-AVR compiler for AVR processors. Check it all out at www.diyembedded.com!
By brennen
Thanks to the help of several members of the forum (see this post), I have made a new tutorial for using ARC4 encryption with the nRF24L01. Example implementations for PIC18F452 (C18) and LPC2148 (GNUARM) are included, as usual. Check my website in the signature line below. Heck, even if you don't need the wireless stuff, the implementation of the ARC4 algorithm is included in the source, so feel free to check that out, too!