SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By rich
Hi,

Finally got my radio IC's to work! Took a while but they're actually very easy to use and powerful. Anyway I'm sending data back and forth merrily and showing it on 8 led's. (i'm sending 8 bits of data).

Stangely enough I can send all kinds of things like FF, 01, 77 (in hex)
But when I try 55 or AA I get incorrect data. 55 and AA are both on off on off. All I can think is that my clock is sampling to quickly or not quickly enough. Anyone had similar problems?
By kenzad01
:lol: Rick, can you send details on USE of RF-24G?

Ken

kenzad01@yahoo.com
By sparky
It's good to hear that you are getting the 24Gs to go! Please share as many details as possible for others to reference.

-Nathan
By rich
Right sorted out the problem.

I have interfaced the chip using spi (as shown on the nordic website). I'm using an atmel atmega128 as my controller.

The atmel spi interface has a register the SPDR, that holds data either sent or received via spi. In my receive method I just checked if anything was being sent, and if not I read the SPDR. This did'nt work I kept getting the same byte of data. Eventually i realised you must first write to the SPDR before you read from it. If anyone can shed light on why this is so, please do.

But I still could'nt receive some data correctly. I figured out that if you write all 1's (0xFF) to the SPDR all the data is incorrect. If you write all 0's (0x00) then all the data is correct. Again, If anyone can shed light on why this is so, please do.

I still find it incredible that with an 8 bit crc and 8 bit address (and preamble) random noise that fits the criteria is found at least once a second. Makes you wonder why we all don't have brain tumours....