SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By sbohra
The question might just sound dumb, but please bare with me. I am trying to use the RF-2.5G for communicating between my controller and the robot. I am using PIC16F870. It has RX and TX pins and supports UART communication. I have read through the tutorial posted in the sparkfun's RF communication website. The problem i have is, they are using PORTB and PORTA pins to clockin and clock out the configuration word and the data too. So where is the RX and TX pin coming in work. IS the communication possible without using the RX and TX pin. If not then how do you use it?? Any kind of help would highly appreciated. I am writing the codes in assembly, so C language could be of little help. thanks :cry: :cry: :!: :roll:
By sparky
Communication is very doable without using the TX/RX pins. In the example code, these are just used for debugging.

-Nathan
By sbohra
Thanks for the advice. I have one more problem then. So i am following the exact example code and not using the RX and TX pins. While i am clocking in the data using the CLK1 by setting it and then clearing it. It takes about 1us to do one instruction with a 4 Mhz crystal in PIC, so do u think there might be some problem while clokcing in the data.
By sparky
There should not be an issue using the 4MHz clock. The nRF2401 should be clocked no faster than 500ns I believe. This was perfect for the 8MHz, but 4MHz is just slower - no problem.

-Nathan