SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By matrix_5
Hi,

I'm using nRF2401 with st7lite25 microcontroller and I have problem with false detection of incomming data.

I configured trensciever to recive mode with standard configuration.
Ane few seconfd later nRF2401 set up DR1 high but nothing is transmiting at the moment. Next I give him synhronization sygnal to CLK1, nRF2401 transmit data. After that DR1 should goes down and it happens, but for a while he detect another incoming data and set up DR1. I have all the time this situation. I have tried to change nRF2401, microcontroler and power source.

DR1: /---------\___/---------\___/---------\
CLK1:_/\/\/\/\/\____/\/\/\/\/\____/\/\/\/\/\

Why he detect transmition when there is no transmiter?
What I'm doing wrong?
Please help me.

best regards,
Marcin
By jimlake
There is a lot of 2.4Ghz signal in the air. The 2401 filters it out with the CRC and the address bits. These problems usually are caused by your configuration word. Make sure the CRC is on and use all 40 bits of the address. Just make something up like ABCABC... Of course, you have to be careful that you have the same config word (except for the transmit/receive bit) in both the receiver and the transmitter.

Jim
By brennen
One other thing is to make sure you're using Shockburst. Direct mode doesn't filter out any signals once it detects a valid preamble, it just sends the data to you, which could look like spurious data.
By matrix_5
thakns for sugestions.