SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By lbh
Hello All,

I would like to know if using the AT commands of the DPAC we can get the value of the RSSI to any specific AP (whether it is the AP the DPAC WiFi module associated with or not) (I do not have the AT command list i have requested it many times but answer!)

thanks for any help
lbh
By stevech
Give DPAC/Quatech a phone call and tell 'em you are in prototype stage for a huge project!

Seriously, I suspect that with their financial woes, and with so many better competitive products, they are bailing out on this.
By lbh
Hello,

thanks for your reply, i just got a detailed datasheet of the product and apprently you can query the device for the signal level....
But there is something intresting in your reply "so many better competitive products" can you name a few ?

thanks again
lbh
stevech wrote:Give DPAC/Quatech a phone call and tell 'em you are in prototype stage for a huge project!

Seriously, I suspect that with their financial woes, and with so many better competitive products, they are bailing out on this.
By stevech
lbh wrote:Hello,

thanks for your reply, i just got a detailed datasheet of the product and apprently you can query the device for the signal level....
But there is something intresting in your reply "so many better competitive products" can you name a few ?

thanks again
lbh
stevech wrote:Give DPAC/Quatech a phone call and tell 'em you are in prototype stage for a huge project!

Lantronix WiPort module or WiBox (end-item) is very popular and has the same internal software structure as their wired-only XPort.

Moxa sells NPort (end item) and they may sell an OEM module version.

In the area of WiFi to serial converters as end items, there are maybe 8 or more on the market, most in the $200-$300 area, some with multiple serial ports. You probably know that there are maybe 25+ ethernet to serial adapter end-items on the market.