SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By hudson
so it sounds like me best bet here is to use a module already accepted. the only other thing is I caught some wind of something about "the end products emissions are my responsibility". like if the traces emissions are off or something? how does that go over? can I just design it to use a certified module and be done with it? have you ever delt with this stuff?
By stevech
I understand that if you design a product and install the type-certified module with it's type-certified antenna, what you do in your product does not invalidate the certification. Of course, seek your own professional advice.

There are lots of other considerations as you likely know: if mains-powered we have UL or equivalent, National association of paranoids' approval, blah blah blah.
By hudson
Right about the mains electricity I'm going to use a wall wart, hopefully already with UL approvel, the other portions of my product will use batteries... so I dont think I need approvel?
By stevech
hudson wrote:Right about the mains electricity I'm going to use a wall wart, hopefully already with UL approvel, the other portions of my product will use batteries... so I dont think I need approvel?
I dunno!
Sell it as as semi-kit with a disclaimer! Like software: "Use of this constitutes acceptance of our T&Cs" which say it's sold: as-is.
By hudson
I think I just figured out what I would do for my product... seriously... I have a really good idea now... I was totally being dumb!