SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By mtmtntop
I am actually trying to report readings from a one wire network to thingspeak; as is often the case, some helpful soul has done it and posted the code. I am following this set of directions and code: https://internetofthinking.blogspot.com ... 1612519937

I did the first part on an arduino uno to insure i had the temp chip wired correctly. I then loaded the second set of code to the thing dev and after some work, did get it to compile and upload. In the constant char section i put in my local network name and password
in the string api key, i put in my thingspeak writeapi key.

all i see on the serial monitor are chararcters: {ƛ⸮⸮⸮_⸮{⸮_⸮ like these over and over. I have verified the network name and password work on other devices. Any idea why this would not connect to the local network? The code has a line that indicates it is connecting, and then when its connected, but i never see those lines on the serial monitor.

thanks.
By paulvha
A quick look shows that the first sketch has a monitor speed of 9600 where the second has 115200. Set with Serial.begin(115200). Have you changed the serial monitor speed to 115200 ? (bottom right ?)
By mtmtntop
that did it. thank you. at least now i know i am reading the temp and the wi fi is connected. looking at the thingspeak examples it looks like the syntax at that end has changed a little bit. it should work with a few small changes to the commands to thingspeak.