SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By nihil
I recently contacted BlueRadios for a copy of the manual for the SMiRF module, but it doesnt look like that's going anywhere. I dont see it on BlueRadios site, nor here at SF. Any suggestions?
To: sales@blueradios.com
Subject: RE: Manual request.
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:30:33 -0500
Mailer: Evolution 2.0.4

Yes, times are hard on developers these days, but I'm sure your modules
are going to be the big break I need to get back on my feet. After
getting my cardboard box and shopping cart connected via bluetooth, I
will be selling these systems to other individuals in my predicament so
they too can benefit from the golden age of technology. Initially, some
of the units will be traded for booze, cigarettes, and hookers, but you
have to start somewhere right? I would greatly appreciate it if you
would forward a copy of the documentation (and whatever sales propaganda
you see fit) to this email address, as my physical mailing address will
be changing here in the next hour or two (damn cops).

-n

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 06:15 -0600, sales@blueradios.com wrote:
>
> So you are homeless and have no telephone as well?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nihil
> Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:10 AM
> To: sales@BlueRadios.com
> Subject: Manual request.
>
>
> As per: http://www.blueradios.com/product_manual.htm
>
> I would like to request a copy of the documentation for your bluetooth
> modules. I do not have any company information to pass on, as I am an
> independent developer who contracts out to other design firms.
>
> Regards,
> -nihil
>
Damn snotty *** sales leeches. Restricting access to potential "big money" by pre-qualifying people through some sales jackass before releasing docs is petty, and has me seriously re-considering if I want to use their products at all, be it personal projects or something I'd take to market.

Seeing as how I bought and paid for one of the modules, I should have those docs sitting in front of me right now, no questions asked.
By davee
Yes, I too made the mistake of innocently asking BlueRadios for documentation for the bluesmirf.

The result was a several hours long email feud with the owner of the company who created such a negative experience that I was sorely tempted to return the bluesmirf to sparkfun. I never knew there was such hatred for paying customers before. If I were to repeat his words, I'm sure to be censored.

Since I had the device in hand, I overcame my desire to send the $#@% thing back and went ahead and implemented it.

The device I love. BlueRadios is another thing altogether and I hope to never have anything to do with them again.. In the 32 years I've been building computer devices, I've never been treated so badly as a customer by anyone as I was by Blueradios.

There is a lot to like about the Bluesmirf. Unfortunatly, a company is known by their customer support and I'd definitely give BlueRadios a F-.
It's a good thing this site exists. Based on previous experience, it's all that keeps BlueRadios going.

In the end, I did a google search and found something close enough to let me get it working.

I know that from now on, when I attend a bluetooth or wireless conference, I'll be looking at name tags...

SparkFun:Do everyone a favor and send bluesmirf buyers a copy of the command and interface notes so nobody else has to endure what I and others have had to.
By busonerd
If you need the documentation, contact us first.

Cheers,

--David Carne