SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By kingpin094
Wow these datasheets suck. Has anyone actually gotten the TLP/RLP916 up to 200kbps?
I am using a stright square wave and I don't see how they can work at anything above 10kHz.
Is there something that I need to do to make it work correctly?

I am using a 3.2 inch peice of wire for each antenna. Which is quarter wave for 916MHz.
Anyone have any ideas because I got this TX/RX pair because I needed a 40 kbps+ transmission.
The transmission distance is only about 2 feet so noise shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to anyone who helps.
kingpin094
By bluekite
I also need to do a similar kind of project. I wanted to get this thing to work with a simple square wave - around 40 KHz, the factory data sheets did not help much for me. But I jst wanted to ask you what you did in terms of the receiver setup. Did you use a 5V power or lower? And also - what are the capacitor and resistor values that they mention in the datasheet? I would be very grateful if you could give me any thing. Is the maximum possible data rate only around 2 kHz? Thanks to anyone who can help.
By Zuofu
From my experiments with this, a TTL square wave is only resolvable around 30 kHz or so...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but with my current setup I don't see how it might work at 200kbps even in an ideal situation.
By rdohn
Has anyone resolved this issue?

I'm looking to do the exact same thing with a 1-10k variable square wave.

If anyone is up for it I'd like to see their circuit designs. I'd be willing to share what I have direct from their tech support.