SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Nolebrain
Hello All,

Recently I purchased the RN-52 breakout board from SparkFun. Out of the box I was able to setup the test circuit on a breadboard and stream audio through the module.

For a project I am working on I need to have two RN-52 modules configured in a master to slave setup.
In short, the master RN-52 has a microcontroller connected to it to configure it via serial uart. The master module is designed to receive audio input and stream it to a speaker. The slave RN-52 is connected to a microphone to stream the audio input to the master module.

Before diving too far into the design, my question is are these modules capable of being setup like this? I have read the command list and data-sheet and did not see how to configure pairing via serial uart. This is starting to make me believe that this device can only be operated as a slave device.

If it is not possible, is there another Bluetooth radio with this capability that I can use?

I tried contacting Microchip directly and it is like pulling teeth to get an application engineer on the phone. Any help is much appreciated, this project is very urgent.

Warm Regards,

NB