SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By transistortoaster
Hello,
Is there an existing software port for WRL-13287 ESP8266 on the Arduino Due?

The due does not use the SoftwareSerial.h library and gives compilation errors when using examples bundled with SparkfunESP8266WiFi.h. I see two paths: either use some other software serial library, or use jumper cables to get to the Serial1 on pins 19 (RX), 18 (TX) (or the other Serial2, Serial3 hardware serial ports). I found "soft_uart.h" by Antonio C. Dominguez-Brito , just I am already using hardware timers that would conflict with the code and would have to change a lot of things.

I will post my adaptation.
Frank
By transistortoaster
I did some testing with a standalone ESP8266 module, part number WRL-13678. I would need to re-solder of WRL-13287 the voltage translator circuitry because the Due is getting above 3.3V. Still, for the purpose of trying out the drivers, the WRL-13678 suits the job.

I commented out all the SoftwareSerial.h of the drivers. I removed all _serial and replaced with Serial1. I had to force the baud rate to 115200. The
Code: Select all
->
had to be replaced with
Code: Select all
. I am still having some problems, but it is now the router not permitting the login. I have the ESP8266_Serial_Passthrough sketch from the examples folder responding fine to AT commands.
Frank
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]