SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By SFR75
Hello People!

I have two Xbee S1 configured in peer-to-peer network.

One is connected to computer (Coordinator) and I monitor packets in XCTU terminal
The other unit is portable (End Device) and is sending simple 8bytes data to Coordinator using API mode.

Packets do arrive in most cases. But sometimes they don't. That happens usually when there is a delay between transmission.
It looks as if the device is falling in some sleep mode and doesn't wake up immediately and misses transmissions.

I checked everything I could and tried pretty much everything.

Sleep is obviously disabled.
Devices are sitting next to each other.
Tried AT mode as well.

But still no matter what, I can't get reliable (let say 99% connection). As soon as there is a pause,
Coordinator misses 4-5 transmissions and eventually gets it and starts working again.

Is anyone familiar with this problem ? Any hints ? Any ideas ?

I'm really out of ideas and actually start thinking that maybe it's just not possible to get reliable link between xbees ?
Should I look at Bluetooth or something else ?

Thanks!
M
Putting them too close together can make the RF field of both interfere with one another causing bad reception. Seperate them atleast a few feet or so. Other than that, what is the baudrate and packet rate you are sending the api packets with? Any chance you are flooding the serial in- and out-buffers? Try slower repetition rates