SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Fuse80A
When using HackRF One to "browse" the signals found at my home, I found that there is some kind of ghost signals, that are not affected by the used antenna. You can receive them as good without any antenna connected!
Are these signals some sort or artifacts formed by the DDS or some methods used in SDR?
FFT display always shows a peak at the center of the screen, which is propaly caused by the FFT calculation itself, producing real and imaginary parts, right?
Is my HackRF One broken or is this behavior normal? Are those ghost signals just created by the calculations used to separate some frequency?
What is happening and how should one use the HackRF One to find new interesting signals from ones environment? :think:
At what frequencies are these artifact signals generated, that should be ignored?
See the demonstration video here, where I pull the antenna off and the signal remains, https://youtu.be/4TESJgFPlbY

At least I know my HackRF is not completely broken, cause I can receive local radio stations with it, allthough the sound quality is not that good..