SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Victor4
Does anyone know of someone either who works for Qualcomm company or is familiar with the Snapdragon IC which could address a few questions about some irregularities with this IC which we have discovered ?
By stevech
They are here where I live and I've worked with them on projects.
You'd need a formal relationship, non-disclosure, blah blah.
Have to start with the bloddy account executive.
It's a long trail.
By Victor4
stevech wrote:They are here where I live and I've worked with them on projects.
You'd need a formal relationship, non-disclosure, blah blah.
Have to start with the bloddy account executive.
It's a long trail.
Great thanks for the reply. Can you tell me something once an IC (such as the Snapdragon) has been de-capped using chemicals such as acids can a Qualcomm IC engineer compare the die layers to the design blueprints to ensure that the design layers of die are exactly to specs ?
By doitright
What kind of irregularities are you referring to? There are certainly flaws in hardware and/or supporting software. I've had nightmares of trying to get AVS working correctly on some MSM8960's, and came across a batch of 8260A's that run Chernobyl hot. Functional, but way hot, so they throttle back fast. Try dropping the voltage on them and the L1 starts crapping out, so no workaround.
By Victor4
We believe the Snapdragon IC contains additional frequency(s) and additional routines other than what Qualcomm has disclosed or is aware of for their integrated modem for the Snapdragon Processor SoC IC's. These additional frequency(s) are transmitting video data and transmitting and receiving special command data.

The entire video representation of the user's screen is being transmitted from the user's device by Snapdragon Processor (modem) IC and also this same IC is transmitting a specific unknown command at every break point as I call it or another words at every event driven interaction by the user. In the case of the transmission of a specific command the user's Snapdragon IC (modem) receives a return command from another similarly designed processor IC device which is in wireless range. For example a person is typing a note using a word editor on an Android smart phone then every key tap for a character will send out (transmit) a undisclosed command to another device nearby and the this other device sends back a "paste" command for example. so whatever is in the clipboard gets pasted right into the word editor. As long as the other nearby device sends a command which the word editor supports the command gets executed without any user intervention. A completely transparent process.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapd ... essors/810