SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By jeremydb
Hi -

I'm a new owner of a WiTilt, which I'm using with MaxMSP at the moment. I can talk just fine to the device, but have noticed that, after beginning output from the WiTilt (pressing 1 from the main menu), if I stop reading the serial port for about 5 seconds, and then start again, I am no longer able to communicate with it. That is, I get no more data out of it (I get 0 bytes every time I try, but no error) or write (at least, it's not responding to anything I send). Only switching the board off and on again, and reconnecting, resets the communication.

What could be causing this? Changing the size of the serial buffer at the Max end doesn't make any difference. Nor does enabling/disabling flow control, etc. Any thoughts would be tremendously helpful. If the answer is "don't stop polling the board", that's ok, too, but I'd like to know what's up.

Thanks
Jeremy
By KuRi
It is possible the same problem i am having when disconnecting and connecting the bluetooth again.

I think it is a bug in the firmware. The witilt stops reading the incoming data when the bluetooth is deactivated and re-activated.

If I cannot get a workaround i will reprogram the PIC myself.

Cheers.