SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By BigRedBee
I have several XBEE PRO 900HP modules (XBP9B-DMST-002). These are the US version with all of the frequencies enabled. (ATAF = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and ATMF=0x19)

I want to configure them for use in Singapore, but the ATCM is not supported in XCTU (and doesn't work sending AT commands directly either). Even if I could, I think it would violate the ATMF minimum frequencies value (there are only 15 for singapore)

I also don't see any available firmware to turn this into an XBP9B-DMST-042 variation.

Am I missing something? Do I have to purchase new hardware?

Greg
By shakilabanu
Not sure about the hardware, but I dont think 900MHz in Singapore is open band for XBee communication. You might wanna check that again.
By BigRedBee
Yes, it is. The XBEE PRO 900HP makes specific reference to a module approved for use in Singapore. Model number XBP9B-DMST-042, IDA License No. DA105737
By BigRedBee
well, yes, already done that. Was hoping for an answer sooner from someone with direct, first hand knowledge. Still waiting to hear from Digi.
By stevech
BigRedBee wrote:I have several XBEE PRO 900HP modules (XBP9B-DMST-002). These are the US version with all of the frequencies enabled. (ATAF = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and ATMF=0x19)

I want to configure them for use in Singapore, but the ATCM is not supported in XCTU (and doesn't work sending AT commands directly either). Even if I could, I think it would violate the ATMF minimum frequencies value (there are only 15 for singapore)

I also don't see any available firmware to turn this into an XBP9B-DMST-042 variation.

Am I missing something? Do I have to purchase new hardware?

Greg
You need to determine if the 902-928MHz band in Singapoer is licensed, unlicensed, or by permit. And what the transmitter power and duty cycle restrictions are. Their FCC equivalent likely has a web site. You can also look at Digi's product specs that list what countries they have regulatory type acceptance for unlicensed use, for that radio.

You needn't wait for Digi; if Singapore isn't in the list, you can't legally operate that unlicensed.
By BigRedBee
yes it is. As I said in my original post, and again in the third post

"The XBEE PRO 900HP makes specific reference to a module approved for use in Singapore. Model number XBP9B-DMST-042, IDA License No. DA105737".

The portion of the band that is available for unlicensed use is 920-925 Mhz. THis version of the unit already has approval for use in Singapore.

I've done my homework.
By BigRedBee
Heard from digi.com yesterday -- it's not possible to upgrade the firmware to support new geos like you can on the 900 XSC models. So I'll have to order new hardware.

Greg
By stevech
BigRedBee wrote:yes it is. As I said in my original post, and again in the third post
I've done my homework.
Well, we try.