SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Bendrix
WiFly, Redboard, Arduino 1.0.5 Mac OS X Netgear router
Got the wifly talking to spiuartTerminal no problem. Gets on router fine. Communicating with router fine too. Can use Time function to get current time. All settings are as suggested on the example for the RGB web page. Only one problem. The code in WiFly_RGB_LED_Server never returns with any html from the WiFly. Nor does the SpiUartTerminal serial monitor show anything when I try to access the device through a web page. I don't get the page shown in the hookup guide of the Serial Terminal showing the request from the web page.

WiFly module get ip gives 192.168.1.33 and the port is set to 80. All parameter are set and saved. Green led is slow blink, no others on.

The WiFly_RGB_LED_Server code runs and shows the IP address so the command WiFly.ip is communicating with the device.
But nothing further happens
The line WiFlyClient client = server.available(); is returning a zero (0) for client. Therefore none of the remaining code is executed.

Its got to be something simple, but after two days of reading the Roving Networks manuals, watching their powerpoint presentation, reading through all the code on the Sparkfun pages, I'm just getting nowhere.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what to do when all appears right with the WiFly module, yet you can't reach it