SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By __Tango
Hey folks.

I have two RN-XV with the u.fl antenna and the 2.32 firmware. They're working ok, but would like to update to the 2.38 firmware. Where do i get it from? Roving Networks got bought by Microchip, and their site is infuriating. I have found this page that shows the firmware versions (https://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/e ... tml?tab=t2), but haven't found the actual place to download the firmware yet.

Any ideas?
By jremington
The correct url was posted somewhere in the Spark Fun forum some time ago. Did you try the search function?
By __Tango
Um. yeah. No dice. If you've got hints on search terms to use other than the obvious ones, let me know. :)
By falingtrea
__Tango wrote:Hey folks.

I have two RN-XV with the u.fl antenna and the 2.32 firmware. They're working ok, but would like to update to the 2.38 firmware. Where do i get it from? Roving Networks got bought by Microchip, and their site is infuriating. I have found this page that shows the firmware versions (https://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/e ... tml?tab=t2), but haven't found the actual place to download the firmware yet.

Any ideas?
On the Microchip page you referenced there is a questions section at the bottom. Check the following:

Q: How do I upgrade the firmware?

A: (Wi-Fi):
Click here for instructions.

Use the RN-171 image based on mode.
By __Tango
falingtrea wrote:
On the Microchip page you referenced there is a questions section at the bottom. Check the following:

Q: How do I upgrade the firmware?

A: (Wi-Fi):
Click here for instructions.

Use the RN-171 image based on mode.
Thanks, but that's instructions for uploading the image to the wifly (once you actually have the image). What i can't find is where do i download a firmware image off of the microchip website.
By jremington
Search found this for me:

Re: How to downgrade a WiFly ?
All the old firmware images, including 2.36, are in ftp://rn.microchip.com/archive/

by jremington
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm
Forum: Wireless/RF
Topic: How to downgrade a WiFly ?
Replies: 5
Views: 364
By __Tango
jremington wrote:Search found this for me:

Re: How to downgrade a WiFly ?
All the old firmware images, including 2.36, are in ftp://rn.microchip.com/archive/

by jremington
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm
Forum: Wireless/RF
Topic: How to downgrade a WiFly ?
Replies: 5
Views: 364
Gracias. Got it!
By gcriniti
Please keep me (us) posted on this firmware update. I'm a little behind you, but will need to update mine too once I get my connection problems resolved. -Greg