SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By jasone
Every few months I drag this little beast RN-XU out of its box and try to connect my arduino uno to the wifi network. With no joy. I've been able to connect to it adhoc and update the firmware to 4.00 but do you think I can get a library to work. I've tried a lot (all) of the tutorials that I've found on the net but still no joy. I know I'm probably missing something really basic here but I can't see what.
Does anyone know of a current guide to get an Arduino and an RN-XU communication?
Thanks. I've read through a fair few of the posts on this site but the search is not working for me so I probably missed the post I need.
By jasone
I think I may have updated with the AP firmware as all my wlan config becomes a duplicate AP and not a connection to the already existing wifi network. Not sure how I can fix that as I can see anywhere to download the firmware except through the rn171 itself. Does anyone have the firmware image?
By jasone
OK making some headway. Can now connect the unit to any wifi I like successfully via telnet. Now to get a library working. Might have been some firmware corruption I guess.
Started by reading the latest manual for v4 which explains about the new join 7, which is where my unit seems to be stuck. Wouldn't change to 1. Set to boot to old firmware which helped but still not 100% which was weird. Set up wifi network with internet access as roving1 so the beastie could connect with default settings. Updated the firmware again taking extra special care this time. Turns out it was the same firmware anyway. Factory reset then away she goes. Now behaves as the manual describes so I'm feeling hopeful