SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By sandeep156
Hello,

I have been trying to communicate between three XBees, from an end device, to a router and finally to a coordinator.
My aim is to see the sensor value that is sent from the end device at the laptop (XCTU) connected to the coordinator.
I'm using XBee series 2 modules.
The end device is connected to a sensor board, while the router and coordinator are connected to two separate laptops using adaptor boards.

My first try was:
For end device: Program its DH and DL to the SH and SL of the Router
For router : Program its DH and DL to the SH and SL of the Coordinator
For Coordinator: Just left DH and DL blank

I expected to see the results on the coordinator, but the data was appearing only on the terminal of the laptop connected to the router.

How do I change this? I would like to move my coordinator around so I can do a range test, so I would like to see the data appearing on the laptop with the coordinator connected to it.

Thank you.
Last edited by sandeep156 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By waltr
Try setting the End Device's DH/DL to the Coordinator's SH/SL.

There may also be network connections issues and forcing the router to connect the End Device to the Coordinator.
There is a recent thread that gives the solution for series 2 Xbees to re-form the network here:
https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36015

Also, use the commands to query each XBee for its network connections. See the XBee document for the command details.