SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By mikfer
greetings
First sorry for my poor English... i will try to do my best. I recently bought a sparkfun FIO V3 board, my IDE is eclipse C++ with avrdude under linux. i have also the arduino IDE available. I am able to load firmware through usb port to the board and execute simple blinking sketch. next step was to establish bi-directional communication between two xbee Serie 1 modules. I know that my Xbee module are well configured , they are working fine and previously tested with 2 UNO xbee shield board. When i try communication between FIOV3 and UNO i got a strange behavior :
i can send data from UNO to FIOV3 without problem. i use the Serial1 class from the HardwareSerial.h FIOV3 core library for dealing with the UART connected to xbee. but i am unable to send data from FIOV3 to UNO xbee shield. the TX pin is always low at the output of the atmega32u4 ship. The baud rate is 9600, and the FIO V3 core library + main program is compiled with -DF_CPU=8000000UL flag. Is anybody has successfully experimented bi-directional communication with FIO V3 board and can help me ?
thanks
Michel
Last edited by mikfer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Nevs83
I am having the same problem (I think). Going through the Tutorial on the Fio V3 Hookup Guide, I have 1 XBee connected to XCTU via Explorer and another XBee connected to a Fio V3 (connected to computer via USB). When I try to send a message in Serial Monitor, the message shows up in the XCTU Console. When I try to send a message from the XCTU Console, nothing happens in the Serial Monitor.

When I replaced the Fio V3 with an UNO/XBee Shield everything works perfectly and communication goes both ways.