SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By bitbanger
Has anyone tried or thought about connecting i/o pins from a uP to the "CBA" and Reset pins on the HAC-UM96 so that under control of the uP, the channel could be changed? I guess I am really asking, does the 'UM96 read the channel "short circuiter" settings after it's reset line is tickled?

I want to make a multichannel master/slave system and I am thinking that for the master, I could have it "hop" channels as needed...
By sparky
Nice idea. Sounds like a plausable work-around from the hardware jumpers. Let us know if you get it to kick.

-Nathan
By bitbanger
Well, I'll know more shortly. I inspected the UM96 pcb connections and it looks good so far. Each of the CBA jumpers just go to ground if installed, so if the reset causes it to reread them--kewl. Full Control!

Worst case, the Vcc line could be controlled with a pass transistor or MosFET with an i/o pin and get full power cycle control of the whole module.

Nathan, as a side question, is the sleep mode enabled in these units? The docs indicate that they have to be ordered that way from the factory.

Also, you will like the project I am first using these UM96 modules for...it's a Clock that syncs to the WWVB Atomic Clock transmitter (no GPS). I will be using the UM96 to broadcast time/date and other info around the house for remote control and display.