SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By SebaS
Hello everybody...

I've been years working with sim200, sim300 and sim340dz... But now I'm facing a problem.
I'm having some troubles with sim340DZ.. It was working just fine... perfectly fine... Then one day it begins to reset itself after call ready is issued...

RDY
+CFUN: 1
+CPIN: READY
Call Ready

[10 seg after]
RDY
+CFUN: 1
+CPIN: READY
Call Ready

and so on... all day... It seems it resets when trying to register to the network...

- I allready check the power supply with oscilloscope... it remains steady...

- I've read in other post that it could be a BAND issue... they were having the same problem, change band and then it work fine. I'm having 2 problems whith band...
No matter if I have the SIM card inserted or not I get this errors:

1) When trying to get band AT+CBAND? I get no reply from module... it seems like it crush... until it reset itself... If I input ANY other command module replys ok, but since I send the band command no matter what else I input from now it won't reply anything. Command is spell ok I check that.

2) When tryng to set band... I get +CME ERROR: 769 ---> Can't get control of request module...

One curious thing is that I hear a noise on the board (the same noise you hear when you put your cellphone near a speaker and you're recieving/transmitting data, the interference noise) I guess the noise is at the coil of the power supply (it's a switching type)... put some caps and now no noise...

Any help would be greatly appreciatted