SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By rgelb
Hello, I am using the RN-131 module ( http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wire ... SX-um2.pdf ).

Is there a command to get the IP address of the module. I know I can do a "get everything" command, which returns everything and parse, but I am looking for something more concise.

I've also tried "get ip", which returned a 4 digit number (not sure what that is about).

So is there a command that returns the IP address in an x.x.x.x format. Or at least something shorter than "get everything".
By MrMooCow
Can you post the value of get ip and the actual ip that you got from get everything? I imagine the IP is either encoded as a number, or each digit is actually a portion of the IP address encoded as ASCII perhaps?
By Gary_BSEE
According to the manual (which I'm sure you've looked at, so this probably won't help)...
get ip <a> display IP address and port number settings. Optional parameter just returns the current IP address value.
It looks like "get ip" should do the trick, I'm not sure what the numbers you were getting meant. Have you tried "get ip a"? It looks like this should return only the IP address and not the port number. Hope this helps.

Gary