SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By soelen
Hello community,

I am very new in the arduino scene, this is probably the reason why I do not understand how to communicate with the wifly shield!

of course there is a tutorial which combines the speakjet unit, but for some reason I feel lost by reading it because as I said, I'm a newbie.

Can please someone help me how to communicate with my wifly shield? I think someone just need to show me the right direction how to do that

Thanks in advance!

By the way, all I can say is the green led is blinking slow, the orange one fast, and the red one is blink very very slow I also use arduino uno and I am not sure if I soldered wiflyshield right

Edit: It seems like at least I get the message "Bridge initialized successfully!", that's good!

Another edit: Didn't know that I am able to read the Serial prints...
Code: Select all
WiFly Shield Terminal Routine
Bridge initialized successfully!
Rebooting
Entering command mode.
Set wlan to authorization level 3
Set security phrase to 1881******
Set IP localport to 8
Joining 'arigato'

WG÷·—77÷·Ø@Failed to associate with 'arigato'

Retrying...
Rebooting
Entering command mode.
Set wlan to authorization level 3
Set security phrase to 1881******
Set IP localport to 8
Joining 'arigato'
Edit edit:

I made an image to visualize which information I wrote down into the wifly autoconnect script:

Edit edit edit: After reading lots of stuff, I found out that I can scan, how do print out what wifly scanned for networks? Something like...
Code: Select all
String donkey = SPI_Uart_print("scan");
Serial.println(donkey);
?

Regards again

Soelen
By soelen
Ok I got it! I do not know what I did wrong with the tutorial but nevermind. After trying a bit with the WiFly Shield Libary, I was able to connect and communicate! You guys are awesome. That brings me one step closer to my target! Now I dont know how to send html _POST or _GET to my WiFly, I reconstructed the form like in the tutorial

but have no clue what to do next ^^;

regards

Soelen