SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By farhood
Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a FTP connection with a server, but it's giving me an error message. Here is what I type: At#FTPOPEN:"192.168.1.101:21","Userid","PassW","1". It gives me an error message. I know that the server is working fine because when i type in the server name and my port number on internet explorer it connects to it. Just this device is not connecting. It looks like it is trying to make a connection but it fails. Does anyone have any idea?
By mitchind
I have a GE865 - so not exactly the same, but same FTP/HTTP commands.

So much of these modules are dependent on the SIM card you have and what services
you've subscribed to on your provider account.

Have you had success with Voice Dialing and SMS?
Have you been able to retrieve a web page using HTTP?

What kind of data plan do you have on you SIM card?
By thebecwar
williamrdg wrote:can you guys help me with a gsm shield im trying to send SMS
Probably would get better results not hijacking the OP's thread. Especially because the topic has nothing to do with your question.
By farhood
mitchind wrote:I have a GE865 - so not exactly the same, but same FTP/HTTP commands.

So much of these modules are dependent on the SIM card you have and what services
you've subscribed to on your provider account.

Have you had success with Voice Dialing and SMS?
Have you been able to retrieve a web page using HTTP?

What kind of data plan do you have on you SIM card?
Sorry for the late response. I was working on other aspects of my project. I was able to SMS with my SIM card. I have not tried retrieving a web page yet. I am trying to email something and it is NOT working. According to the manual i should get the OK<cr><lf>MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT response, but i only get the OK response. Here is what I am doing:

AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "internet.fido.ca", "0.0.0.0", 0,0
AT#USERID="fido"
At#PASSW="fido"
At#GPRS=1
AT#EADDR="info@primehood.com"
At#EMAILD="myown@email.com", "Subject"
>.....CNTL-Z

OK

Do you have any idea?
By Montmartre
At#FTPOPEN:"192.168.1.101:21"

192.168.xxxx is not a public adress but one from your private network, that's maybe why you cannot establish a connection with your Telit module.
By Earthed
instead of:
At#FTPOPEN:"192.168.1.101:21","Userid","PassW","1"

try:
At#FTPOPEN:"192.168.1.101:21","Userid","PassW",1

Format:

AT#FTPOPEN="<Server>:<port>","<User>","<password>",<mode><cr>