SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By smitty505000
Hi all,

I am new to X-bee's and having a problem with data being lost. I have tried connecting the rx and tx pins together on the router/end device and running a loop back test. The results are between 20%-30% at only 5 feet away. I turned off all other wireless devices in the house to no avail. I have configured them through X-ctu as follows:

X-bee 2.5 with SparkFun explorer usb
ZNET 2.5 COORDINATOR DEVICE AT 1047
pan id 234
Baud 9600
destination low FFFF
rest of settings default

X-bee 2.5 with SF explorer regulated
ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/END DEVICE AT 2047
pan id 234
baud 9600
rest of settings default

Smitty
By smitty505000
Not quite sure how flow control works so I dont think I am using flow control. I am just running a range/ loop back test in X-cts.

What got me to try the loop back test was because I was getting unreliable and jerky servos on my SSC-32 using Brookshires VSA software.

Smitty
By smitty505000
It seams to be a buffer overflow problem but Im not sure why. Cts is enabled on both X-bee's. Do I need to solder a wire between the CTS pin and somewhere on the explorer usb or the regulated explorer? I have been searching lots of fourms but cant find the answer.

Smitty
By smitty505000
In a normal situation with a micro I would agree but I can not change the Brookshire VSA software that is doing the animation. It dosnt really matter cuz I will be using 2 Arc-32 boards once done and will just be sending simple wireless commands to trigger routines. It would just be nice to be able to do wireless while I do all the setup and calibration of the servos using the VSA software. :)

Smitty
By theridane
Try pushing them a little bit further apart. Our 60 mW XBees don't even talk at less than 5 meters. If you get too close the RX gets saturated with RF energy and starts dropping packets like hell.