SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By callagga
PSS Tried taking the USB connector out of the receiver arduino board but still no luck. I note when I connect the RF receiver DATA pin into the receiver arduino boards PIN 0 (Rx) that the LED flashes, but only triggered by the point when the connection is made. i.e. no more flashes, based on the code, indicates the board is not getting any incoming serial info to read.

Any ideas?
By callagga
update:

* Ardurino's alone - So when I connect the PIN1 TX output from board one to the PIN0 RX input of board two directly the serial communications works like a charm, no problems.

* RF Units Alone - When I apply to the RF transmitter DATA pin:
(a) 5V - the RF receiver data pin goes to 0V
(b) 0V - receive output jumps around a bit in the range of around 0.5V ?? (doesn't seem good)

Any ideas why this would be? A faulty receiver?

thanks
By callagga
Good news - I got my extra transmitters and receivers. I substituted these in and now things are working. I'm sending "85" repeatedly and I'm picking this up at the receiver via RF.

One curious thing, I note that when I close then restart the serial monitor on the receive side the display jumps from getting incoming "858585858585..." to "58ª
ªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂªÂ...".

Any ideas why this would be? One of of correcting it seems to be to set the serial monitor to another baud rate, then back to the correct one. This may not fix it the first time but within a few toggles the readout goes back to showing "85858585858585...".

thanks