SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By sumguy16
I have been working with the Serial Miniature Bluetooth for awhile now and have been able to transmit from the BlueTooth Remote to the PC at every possible baud rate. I have been trying for about the past week to transmit from the PC to the remote device. I have hooked up an o-scope and I get a constant level of 5V+ on the Tx Pin, is this normal? I cannot get anything to come out of the Tx pin other than logic level high. I may have tried to transmit on the Tx pin before at 5Vdc, would this damage the remote module?

Thanks,
Adam
By sparky
Hi,

The BlueSMiRF is 5V tolerant so that should not have been a problem. I don't think you could have done damage by hooking TX to TX. We fully test all units before we ship. We can certainly test the unit for you.

Email spark @ sparkfun.com

-Nathan
By Paul
sumguy16 wrote:I have been working with the Serial Miniature Bluetooth for awhile now and have been able to transmit from the BlueTooth Remote to the PC at every possible baud rate. I have been trying for about the past week to transmit from the PC to the remote device. I have hooked up an o-scope and I get a constant level of 5V+ on the Tx Pin, is this normal? I cannot get anything to come out of the Tx pin other than logic level high. I may have tried to transmit on the Tx pin before at 5Vdc, would this damage the remote module?

Thanks,
Adam
Hi, I think that is because you are not converting the TTL output of BlueSMiRF to RS232 level required to transmit data to a computer.
Paul