SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Bourke
I have just started working with the Blue Smirf. I have a problem that occurs every other time I connect to the Blue Smirf. I am using HyperTerminal and simply connecting/disconnecting.

+++ (I always get an "OK" response)
ATSI,2 (I always get the name of the unit)
ATMF (I always get an "OK" response)
V (an embedded command for my target)

The problem is that every other connection sequence from Hyperterminal I am unable to get a response to my "V" command. I have further verified that when I dont get this command the BlueSmirf is not actually relaying this command to the embedded control. If I disconnect in HyperTerminal at this point and immediately reconnect (repeating the process) everything works fine.

A couple of questions:

1. The BlueSmirf datasheet says the ATMF command is only terrminated by resetting the power on the BlueSmirf. However, I find the connecting/disconnecting sequence of Hyperterminal to do the same. Why does this happen?

2. I have a C++ Builder application in which I tried to simlulate the connect/disconnect problem. However, opening and closing a port in C++ Builder does not have the same effect as connecting/disconnecting in Hyperterminal.