SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By bolmehag
Hi,

I´m very intersted in the laipac module that sparcfun sells. I have sent mail to them several times , waited for days, and no answer, no nothing.

Never had any contact with them before.

Are they this slow? Can they be trusted?

/peter
By jayjay
I have sent mail to them several times
Sent mail to whom? Sparkfun or Laipac?

Perhaps you can raise your questions here on the forum, there are several people who have used the Laipac modules who might be able to help you.

HTH
Jay
By NleahciM
bolmehag wrote:Hi,

I´m very intersted in the laipac module that sparcfun sells. I have sent mail to them several times , waited for days, and no answer, no nothing.

Never had any contact with them before.

Are they this slow? Can they be trusted?

/peter
In my experience they can only be bothered to answer a small percentage of customer e-mails. Same goes for posts here - but often times other helpful people pick up the slack for them on this message board.
By pittuck
Its not a case of being bothered or not.

If they answer every email and every post here they wont be able to actually dispatch orders or get new products.

And if they were to answer all emails etc. they would need more staff which means higher prices, which could lead to less bussiness which in turn means sparkfun go bust and we all are sad.

lol. j/k.

But really, sparkfun are very busy. If the question is about a product, ask it here. Someone here has used it, if you get no joy then email / phone.
By bolmehag
well, I didn´t ask them a question about their products, I asked for price of 4 modules shipped to sweden.

And it has been a week now. I have mailed both mail adressen on their website.

So I´m gooing to skip this and buy the stuff elsewhere.
By pittuck
There is no extra cost to post to sweeden.
Global Priority Mail is cheap ($10-$20) and is reasonably fast. 3-9 days, not trackable, not insured.
Dont think you pay much else, i get it to the UK for this sort of price, probably the same for most of europe.
By unitn
However I had the same impression...!
in last two weeks I have sent e-mails and posted msg in the web forum
to get info about a product to buy (hot air station),
but I got no answers at all....

In the past happened delays of few days (normal), but now
what happen ?

Marco.
By pittuck
Well they doing a lot of work at the monent on new websites and stuff. Basically the whole system is being restructured because of staff changes (hence why the PCB service is susspended).

I will point nathan over to this post in my next email to him (probably this afternoon)
By sparky
Pittuck is going to bat for us again - thanks buddy!

I am partially to blame. Spark fun is exploding at the seams. Our order load is doubling every 6-9 months. Yes doubling. We are attempting to keep up (it's a great problem to have) but customer service is getting hurt.

Sorry to have lost the business! Next time you need a module consider us! We try to answer as many emails as possible - and we answer 95% of them. You would be amazed at how many emails get bounced due to server relaying errors on due to email account problems. Once an email fails 5 days of retry attempts, there is nothing else we can do.

In the future, fun@sparkfun.com handles all ordre inquires. I myself (spark@sparkfun.com) handle the tech stuff. When I receive a question about an order, it gets forwarded onto fun@sparkfun.com. I'll see I can find out any specifics about this problem.

To top it all off, our phones are not quite working, but soon we will have a real, multi-line phone system. And a true fax (it's the small things in life really).

-Nathan
By sparky
Yep - we're just slow. Sorry Peter!

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:44:38 -0600
To: peter
Subject: Spark Fun- Shipping to Sweden

Peter,

Sorry for the late reply.

There are a number of methods available for shipment to Sweden. They are outlined on our website under the customer service tab. The costs also differ substantially. For (4) 2.4 GHz Tranceivers, the cost could range from $6-60 depending on how quickly/ how safely you want it shipped. Please look over the shipping services section under the customer service tab and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Grant