SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By fatal1ty89
Hi, I have a couple of Xbee 60mW wire antenna. But one of them doesn't communicating something such as xbee or Xctu. I tried all baudrates from Xctu.
I'm using XBee Explorer USB, I followed all the nine steps respectively. But after setting AT commands progress bar completed, Xctu trying to write nonvolatile memory, and it excepts an Error. And when I try to reset, 5.pin to GND (short circuit). The "Action Needed" box not shutting down, so I'm removing the Xbee and re-insert to USB Explorer..

How can I fix it?
Thanks in advance...
By waltr
I've never had this problem so I only know what others have posted. In this thread are instructions to re-FLASH the XBee. If that doesn't work then I suggest opening a trouble ticket with Digi International for help.
By fatal1ty89
Ok, I'm trying to reflash my xbee to reconnect to my xbee.
I opened a trouble ticket, but they said only buy our Xbee serial port adapter, you can fix your xbee with it.:(

Edited:
I said them, I have a usb explorer, they recommend to replace the module... I think my xbee not corrupted... It is indicated in the manuel that xbee's has one year warranty, must I post it?
By waltr
Just trying to be helpful so try:

Post the exact part number and firmware version number in your XBee's when asking for help.

In X-CTU Try API and AT command mode at every baud rate in the PC Settings tab and click the Test/Query button. Once you have the correct seetings you will get the module info. If not what is the error message.

There has been a lot of problems reported to Digi from people using the Sparkfun USB explorer board. This is wht Digi support says to get their XBIB board. Check into the Digi Support forum and read through every thread on the XBee modules. There is a good bit of discussion about your problem and solutions.
By siddhc
Hi guys, Bought 2 x-bee modules.... within 5 mins, one of them stopped responding.... then spent a lot of time on the internet, finally got in touch with Digi. Great people there, they suggested me this link. It works !!! I could get my dead module back...Please try it. Hope you are able to recover your modules too... Just that "do exactly as he says".

The magic link is :

http://todigi.blogspot.com/2010/05/xbee ... grave.html

All the best !! do let me know how it goes ??
By pradip_gatkine
Sometimes if you have mistakenly programmed your firmware to API instead of AT and if you are getting errors like "Unable to open COM Port" then try this:
Go to PC settings -> Check/Assert the box Enable API and then click on Test/verify if that gives you correct information then go to Modem configuration -> click on Read , if that gives you correct info then change the firmware configuration that you want now and click on write.
Hopefully everything turns out well.