SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By ohararp
I am using a Blue Smirf to perform a PC -> PIC(1) serial connection. Works great! Now I would like to transmit information to a secondary PIC(2) via PIC(1).

Ultimately, I am using a PC to send control variable to PIC(1). Once these variables are transferred the PC is turned off and the PIC(1) controller is left to run remotely. However, I would now like to send monitoring data to PIC(2) that has a serial display.

Since the PC->PIC(1) setup is a bit of a blackbox any help in addressing (literally) the PIC(1) and PIC(2) link. I know that a laipac RF link would do this however, I already have one Blue Smirf and simply want to add one more.
By sparky
Hi,

Email me : spark @ sparkfun.com and I can send you the BlueRadios datasheet. You'll have to setup some extra firmware on one of your PICs but the BlueSMiRFs are actually quite powerful!

You can have one PIC tell the BlueSMiRF to initate a connection to another bluetooth module (the other BlueSMiRF) through a series of AT commands. Once this is done, the serial pipe is opened like usual.

The BlueRadios are amazing. Great in that you can just power them up and go, no need for configuration. But you can get some interesting point to point connections (audio for instance) as well.

-Nathan