SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By science_geek
im new to rf so go with me on this, at work the radio doesnt get any stations, so what i want to do is to make a device that i can plug into my computer headphone port that would send out the "song" and a reciever in a seperate headphones would pick it up and output the sound, i was just wondering how i could do this and what i would need
By b_bogk77
Well, you can
1. buy one ready made :)
2. go the analog route, and make a RF tx/rx that will modulate and transmit the audio waveform, I have no idea whatsoever how to do that
3. use a DAC to read the data from the audio port then use a digital tx/rx module, like the ZigBee to send it, then reconvert it in audio. (audio -> dac -> micro controller -> zig bee -> zig bee -> micro controller -> audio IC)
By riden
Why not use an ordinary stereo FM transmitter module like the ones you plug into an iPod and a pair of headphones with an FM radio? That way your radio that doesn't pick up anything can be used to receive the signals as well. If you need more power, Sparkfun has a FM transmitter module
By science_geek
wount i need an ADC, not a DAC cause wouldnt i need a digital signal and doesnt the xbeepro have a build in DAC, and would it be possible to use an ADC to convert the signal out of the headphone port on my computer, bypass the micro and have the second xbeepro take that and switch it back to analog and output the signal through an amplifier into the second headphone set, it would go audio -> adc -> xbeepro -> xbeepro -> dac -> amplifier -> headset, i want to use the xbee because i plan on adding stuff later