SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By John at J&S
Sparky:

I've been spending some time on Nordic's site, and saw nRF24AP1, with "Dynastream Technology". I googled that, and see that they have partnered their protocol stack with Nordic's nRF2401.

No data sheets, but they say samples will be available soon. Do you have any inside info that you can share?
Last edited by John at J&S on Tue May 03, 2005 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
By John at J&S
They say the part and dev kits should be available "June-ish".
Last edited by John at J&S on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By John at J&S
Data sheet not yet available.
Last edited by John at J&S on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Pete-O
Hmm...we're gonna have to check this out.

Pete
By sparky
We are on the list for samples. No ETA or pricing on anything. Bless marketing and their color-filled worthless press releases.

Thanks for the datasheet info. Too bad they made you take it down.

-Nathan
By sparky
$699!? Think anyone would buy our dev kit for $400?

I expect we can get an eval board together for less than $100. We won't have the support that Nordic does - but it will be functional enough for the average eng to get their hands dirty.

The downside is that we have to wait for production ICs,
-Nathan
By wholder
I've purchased two of the "Transceiver nRF24AP1 with Trace Antenna" modules from Sparkfun and I'm in the process of writing some code to exercise them. However, the Ant protocol description docs leave a lot to be desired, IMO. They're kind of docs that I'm sure makes perfect sense to whomever that wrote them, but they're not an easy starting point for understanding how to put all the pieces together, especially since they seems to assume you're using the official developer kit API.

Right now I have a basic, Java-based test tool coded up that that uses a USB-Serial adapter to let me send messages to the master nRF24AP1 and print out the responses. I'm using this to try and figure out the proper sequence to send commands in, the correct values to use, and the format of the various response messages I should expect back from the nRF24AP1 for each different different commands (something that's a bit hard to discern from reading the doc.) If anyone else is working with these modules, I'd love to share knowlege. Or, if you're already past where I am, I'd love to pick your brain.

My eventual goal is to create my own PIC-based, node-to-node communications lib to use with the nRF24AP1.

Wayne