SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By micah
Hi,

I recently bought a BlueSmirf Silver module with the Spark Fun module (BGB203 chip). It's been working really nicely, and I've been successfully using it with a Parallax Propeller and WinXP PC.

I was working on the Propeller code for initializing the BlueSmirf module. I wanted to switch it to 115200 baud, set the device name, then disable escapes so I could pass binary data through the connection until reset.

The commands my code ended up sending were:
Code: Select all
+++AT
AT+BTURT=115200,8,0,1,0
<switch to 115200 baud mode>
AT
AT+BTLNM: "Test Device"
AT+BTAUT=1
AT+BTCFG=4
AT+BTSRV=1
This worked as expected- the device was now in automatic connect mode, with the new name, and I could pass binary data cleanly in data mode.

The problem? I wasn't expecting this to write the new settings to Flash, but apparently that's what happened. Now my BlueSmirf boots up with these settings (name is "Test Device" instead of "SparkFun-BT") and I have no way of getting back into command mode!

I've tried pulling the RESET_N pin low. This resets the module, but I still boot up with these settings. I've also tried pulling DTR low, but no luck. As far as I can tell, all of the methods for switching into command mode are disabled.

How do I force a factory reset? I read about a way to reset the older BlueSmirf boards by holding a PIO pin high for > 1 second on powerup, but I haven't seen any similar mechanism for these BlueSmirfs.

Thanks in advance,
--Micah[/code]