SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By abhimanyu
i am gonna use an 8051 chip with an adc to get the sensor output, i.e. the heart rate ......pulses corresponding to each occuring heart beat. after converting these analog pulses to a digital output, it will be given to the microcontroller. next the microcontroller has to count the no of pulses occuring in a time period of 60 seconds to see whther the heart rate is above or below the desired rate. now 8051 has 2 inbuilt timer/counters. can i use both of them simultaneously, one for the 60 sec period and the other to count te no of heart pulses?

next, if the heart rate is above the normal, the 8051 has to create an alarm msg or file which wil include patient name or id along with their rate. this has to be transmitted to the bluetooth enabled mobile thru the module( BlueTooth v1.1 Stamp Module available on sparkfun.com). the bluetooth enabled mobile in this case is gonna be NOKIA 6600.
how do i go about interfacing the 8051 to the module? is this possible?

while transmitting it to 6600 what factors are to be taken into consideration? at the reciever end, i.e. 6600? will it accept the file as sent by the 8051? or do i need to do some programming?
is 6600 compatible with A/T commands?

please guys i need you help bad and fast! really desperate ....running out of time
By sparky
The bluetooth modules have an AT interface and can have a number of different connections types - the most popular being the RX/TX serial and headset/audio interface.

Your 8051 could most certainly interface to the module. As for your mobile phone, I really don't know. Most mobiles have syching abilities to update phone numbers and contacts, but I don't know how you'd get your info over.

-Nathan