SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By gumush
I want to build sensor network and I am looking for a wireless IC.

Sensor: mostly accelerometers , gyroscopes , analog voltage reader (24bit ADC)
Frequency of sampling mostly 400Hz and more

I am using an arduino and I want to use multiple sensors in the same time.
I want to syncronize their data thats why I'm looking for a wireless solution.

One central master(mostly rx) and more node's(mostly tx) but I need bidirectional communication.

Mostly in 5meters will be ok.

Power consuption is not primary subject. I'm focusing on synchronized data.

Node's can use buffers to transmit, there is no problem with latency but the data has to be synced.

Bluetooth 4.0 , Xbee , Wifi or any other alternative which have built-in precision time synchronization.

And I need small IC's with simple schematics for wearable's.

I saw many multiple wireless sensor network which acquire movement data, have they solved this issue?

How can i be sure the data came from sensor_dev1 is snychronized with sensor_dev2

First i research on clock's to snychronize them but i can't find that kind of precision in RTC's.

I research many alternative , most of them easy implementable such as xbee and nordic's bt.But i can't find how to snychronize data in multiple units.
By uChip
Most microcontroller and/or radio products will provide specs for setting up communication, but the "synchronization" algorithm is application specific so they don't provide that. You are expected to make that up for yourself.

One place to get some good examples is Low Power Labs (I am not affiliated with them except as an occasional customer). They have done many cool things with remote sensors. Their solutions are very cost small and effective.

Good luck with your project!
- Chip
By stevech
If sync to say 20mSec on average is OK - I did so using a network with unicast and broadcast datagrams. A gateway node broadcasts its tick count (time) every few seconds to all in-range nodes. Freeware Protocols are:
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RadioHead/

for low cost sub-GHz transceivers, e.g.,
http://www.anarduino.com/details.jsp?pid=145

SFE doesn't sell such boards.