Screamer for Vista

Support for Bloader and Screamer

Moderator: phalanx

Screamer for Vista

Postby revoltage » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi anybody got a screamer for PIC16F877A that works on Vista please?

Cheers
revoltage

Postby revoltage » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

I was hoping more for more support from sparkfun!!! pfff. I have bought some PICs and development boards from the company
revoltage

Re: Screamer for Vista

Postby riden » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:22 pm

revoltage wrote:Hi anybody got a screamer for PIC16F877A that works on Vista please?
What doesn't work on Vista? I just tested it under Windows 7 and it seems to work fine. I did have to right-click on the Screamer.exe file and set compatibility mode for Windows XP. Perhaps that will do the trick for you.

revoltage wrote:I was hoping more for more support from sparkfun!!! pfff. I have bought some PICs and development boards from the company
It can take some time for them to respond to some inquiries, and that is why it is always better to contact support directly. I presume that the PIC's and boards you bought are functioning properly, so in this case, it really is an issue with Screamer. Screamer falls into the category of a tutorial/demo program that SparkFun posted to the community. It is not and never has been a SparkFun product, so it is up to the community to support it. For instance, Screamer 1.6 and 1.7 were built by others. Another thing to consider is that the original program is 4 1/2 years old (an eternity in our industry), and pre-dated Vista.
Ralph
riden

Postby revoltage » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks Riden it works now
revoltage

Return to Boot Loading