SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By roll72
Thanks for the answer,

I finally success to install a linux on a flash disk.

I'm wondering, if anyone got some sample of code in C or other language with the olimex CS9302 ?

I'm looking for anything, as well I would like to use the ADC on the expansion port to watch voltage,temperature, etc....

thanks in advance for your help
By FPGA
roll72 wrote:Thanks for the answer,
I finally success to install a linux on a flash disk.
I'm wondering, if anyone got some sample of code in C or other language with the olimex CS9302 ?
I'm looking for anything, as well I would like to use the ADC on the expansion port to watch voltage,temperature, etc....
thanks in advance for your help
You can also install this distribution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian to 2 Gb USB Flash with help of this http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php manual.

Also, if you need to recompile your Linux kernel for cs-ep9302 frequently, you can boot Linux kernel from TFTP, but flash filesystem still loaded from USB flash...

And more convenient way is to place your root filesystem (ex with Debian for ARM) on NFS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Fi ... (protocol) ) - if you need frequent recompilation of you programs during development. Also you can use SMB (CIFS) to mount directories with your programs (which needs to be recompiled many many times... :) ) - this will prevent from using flash (because it have limited write/erase resource)...

P.S.
I have not any samples to use ADC and other peripherals... Sorry.
By f5owl
Hi all,
I am also working on cs9302. Stiil trying to get i2c AND usb working at the same time.

I have some examples for accessing gpio from user space here :
http://arlotto.univ-tln.fr/lpaii/tplinu ... led_demo.c

I have used uart1 (/dev/ttyMA1) but you must first set bit 21 of DeviceCfg (with software unlock) to make it working. I can post an example if you need.

I have used ADC but the results are not consistent yet. I will post examples if I succed.
Best regards.
Pr. Philippe ARLOTTO
IUT GEII
University Of Toulon
FRANCE
By roll72
Hello,

did you succeed to make ADC example in source C ?

regards
By f5owl
Hello,
Not yet because I had no time to work on ADC since.
I will post my best results tomorrow but not yet very good.
Phil.
By El_Barto
Hi everyone,

I've got some issues with the patched SD-card driver.
The device fails to write data and prints the error:
mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector xxxxxx

I tried reducing the SPI-frequency (in sources) since this could be a timing error, but it didn't work.
Did anybody else run into this problem?
I'm looking forward to do some debugging. But since I'm not familiar with "high-level" debugging I'd be glad if somebody could give me a hint or a place to start from. My debug-experience is currently limited to smaller processors without an OS. But equipment (debugger, openOCD based) is available.

regards
By guwengchuixue
cannot download binary images via tftp twice.
How to solve it?
thanks!
By fh
Hi,

I'm wondering of getting some thoughts about this CS-E9032 board from all of you here.I'm currently searching for a suitable cct board for my project. Is anyone could fback me on their thought in handling programming thing using this board? Is it easy or complicated?Is there any difficulties during the test?
For information, my project will be working on data transfer from low network to high network.

hope that anyone can help me..

Thx..
By Besugo
Hi!

I'm doing a project with Olimex EP9302 board and I've been trying to install a newer kernel with ep93xx configuration, just as FPGA mentioned in this thread, but I can't seem to boot linux, it just hangs before uncompressing. My goal it's to boot from an sd card with Debian Etch. This is what I'm doing:

1. load ramdisk.gz in the Olimex CD and the new zImage created after loading the ep93xx_defconfig present in the linux kernel folders (make xconfig and then load it). The zImage it's compiled using the arm-linux-gcc-4.1.1 recommended for the board, using this command: make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-uclibc- zImage

load -r -v -b 0x00042000 zImage
load -r -v -b 0x00800000 ramdisk.gz

exec -r 0x00800000 -s 0x00300000 -b 0x00042000 -l 0x00200000 -c "console=ttyAM0 root=/dev/ram"

And nothing happens.

Can anyone help me through this process, please?
Thanks for your atention!