SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By rsherry
Hello,

I looked around this forum a bit and didn't find and answer, so forgive my ignorance if I'm repeating a question.

I just received the Olimex LPC-E2214 and tried to communicate with the boot loader using the Philips Flash Tool and I have had no success.

I've made sure to short the BSL jumper so that P0.14 is low when reset goes low to high. With P0.14 low, I've tried the JRST pin in both positions, boot jumpers BOOT0 and BOOT1 set to all possible combinations, and the DBG jumper on and off. I tried 9600, 19200, 38400, and 57600 with no success. The DTR/RTS check box should not matter since these pins do not connect to the board anyway, but I tried and as I expected this did not help either.

I'm pretty much new to LPC so I suspect I must be missing something simple here. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm a bit embarrassed to be stuck on this.

Kind regards,
Ryan.
By rsherry
Ok, I feel pretty silly.

I completely overlooked the FT232BM...the BSL runs on UART0 which is of course connected to the FT232. I've been using the FT245 on a couple of designs so I completely overlooked checking which of the 2214's serial ports was connected to the FT232.

Since I like using the D2XX Direct drivers rather than the Virtual COM port drivers I decided to pull out the soldering iron and switch the UART connections. Lo and behold...I can now talk to the BSL on the DB9 connector.

Thanks Nathan for reminding me about the USB or I wouldn't have gone looking there.

Regards,
Ryan.