I'm a newbie to embedded ARM systems so this is a general enquiry about where to start. I have done higher power embedded Linux systems using Intel architecture - e.g. the ALIX. I'm now after a low power ARM system for prototyping a portable system under battery operation.
My requirements are:
- - ARM processor
- Linux OS (probably debian derived)
- Plenty of onboard RAM min 256M
- Boots and runs from SD card
- GPS/GLONASS, WiFi, Bluetooth.
- Real-Time Kinetics
- RFID reader/writer circuit
- Controllable power for battery conservation
- Optional battery charge control
- Runs off a 1200mAh 1S LiPo for 12 hours out of a 24 hour period
Any advice on the core processor and any add-on bits will be mightily appreciated.