SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By Phisher
I recently obtain an LM3S811 http://www.ti.com/tool/ek-lm3s811 evaluation board and an MLX90614ESF-DCI http://www.amazon.com/JMT-Mlx90614esf-d ... B00A6P2YF8 infra-red thermal sensor. I am a software developer but not very knowledgeable about embedded systems that is why I wanted to learn and be familiar with this field. You can consider me as a newbie. I am currently using an IAR IDE that comes with the CD from my evaluation board. I have managed to understand the potentiometer, user button and LED display functionalities and managed to create a custom program from those I/Os. Now I wanted to learn how to work with GPIOs or the pins connected to my evaluation board. To make the story short, I wanted to try to make a program that can read a temperature from SCL and SDA and display the result in the LED display with the setup like on the picture below. I have looked at the samples from the CD and the web for I2C but I can't follow the explanation on how I2C works. I was wondering if anyone have already made a same project as mine and provide some example for IAR IDE. Any help will be very much appreciated.

By Phisher
I have been told to put a 4.7k ohm resistors on each of the pin that connects to SCA and SCL as stated on the setup in the datasheet. I will try to post an updated setup once I managed to get those connected. I still have problems with slave address and byte to send and receive. I am not familiar with those. Any help will be appreciated.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]