SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By magicfr
Hello,

I'm a complete newbie in µcontroller dev.
I'm a professional dev in c,c++ for 15y, so get some knowledge in general soft dev.
I use Coocox Ide.

I don't have electronic background/knowledge , I know that's a big issue, but with some help. I think I can be able to dev on my blueboard.

Right now, The only things that hold me is how to plug the USB-FTDI dongle to trace/debug on the blueboard with Coocox IDE.

So I have this FTDI USb dongle, which I think is generic even if PIN's are setup for arduino.

So on the dongle I have 6 PINS
GND
CTS
UCC
TXD
RXD
DTR

To be honnest, exept for GND ;) I don't have a clue what other PINs are :)

And on the blueboard LPC1768-H I don't know where to plug those PINs? Should I Wire all the pins ?

Here the LPC1768H schematics : http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/downloa ... 8_H_V2.pdf

Then If you can tell me how to configure CooCox IDE.

If you got link on step by step tutorial to start with I will be happy.

Thanks You

Regards,
Sebastien.
By tgil
I think you have the wrong dongle, but I can't be sure. I have never used CooCox but am pretty familiar with LPC17xx devices. You probably need a JTAG dongle and you have a serial (UART) dongle. CooCox has a list of FTDI compatible devices on their website.

The blueboard has a 20-pin JTAG connector that should be compatible with the dongle you get, but you will have to double check.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]