SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By hsutherl
Thank you for the link. I've only had time for a quick look but I thought Chapter 1 was very well done. (I believe I was in 100% agreement with your judgement calls).

Is this the first time the course has been offered?
By motopic
Thanks also.

I took a look at the first part briefly.
Seems very detailed. Problem is you are headed to 'very detailed' for a 'very specific set of tools and addons'.
The hw addon world is very fluid, this time in a year or 2, those devices may be unavailable.
In my view, the hw and hookups are straightforward, its the STM libs and software and startup scripts that are the biggest headaches. There seem to be lots of different ways to put a working STM app together, heres your chance to be the definitive way to make STM software.

I will try to read over it in the next few days, and try to provide some more specific feedback.
By geoffreymbrown
In answer to the question about the course. This fall was the first run of the course. As expected, some fine tuning is needed. We're doing a second course that is more project oriented this spring.

Detail is a serious issue. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground between a more generic course on microcontrollers and the rather serious amount of detail needed to actually program one. Since this is intended for a hands-on lab course, I opted for the latter. As you point out, the add-ons are a moving target. Probably, the only way to deal with that is continuous revision. Most of the key ideas and protocols are quite stable, but the details do change rapidly.

Geoffrey